Fire and Emergency Service

Fire and Emergency Service protection in Vernon Township is provided by the Vernon Central Hose Company, an all volunteer department. This department consists of local men and women who volunteer their time to learning life saving/fire fighting skills. They rely on public donations and memberships in order to run the department.

Fire Code Enforcement Officer:
Donnie Grinnel, Chief Vernon Central Hose Company
Phone: (814) 337-2050 Truck Room (Please leave a message)

Burning Ordinance

A burn permit must be obtained from the Township Building if you will be doing any type of open burning.

.Burning Permit Application



Burning permits are now being issued through Vernon Township Municipal Building.

You must obtain a permit if you are planning any open burning – the permit does not allow for burning of anything except for wood products, you can not burn any furniture, garbage, or any other materials. If you burn any other materials, the police maybe called and you will not be able to obtain a future permit.

Starting with the first quarter of 2012. Berkheimer Associates will be collecting the local 1% wage tax for the businesses located in Vernon Township. Quarterly forms are available at

Call the Township Secretary at 814-337-8126. The shelter may be reserved over the telephone and payment made later. Shelter 1, 2, 3, and 4 are $45.00 and Shelter #5 is $80.00.

Contact Information

Vernon Township Office
16678 McMath Avenue
Meadville, PA 16335

Office Hours:

Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm



© 2021 Vernon Township | Design by Starn Marketing Group